Respectful engagement is about real behaviors that make a difference in patient safety, productivity and financial performance – your bottom-line, according to Dr. Mitchell Kusy and Dr. Elizabeth Holloway of Zolo Healthcare Solutions and authors of the fabulous book: Toxic Workplace! Managing Toxic Personalites and their Systems of Power.
Here are a few tips from these experts.
- Develop zero tolerance strategies to reduce productivity losses
- Support staff engagement to uncover bad behaviors
- Designate an accountability partner for every leader
Certainly a blog does not give this topic the attention it deserves. I highly recommend you buy the Kusy-Holloway book as an investment in your permanent library and make it required for every physician and manager. It is your responsibility to keep things civil and protect the workplace environment. Failure to do so will cost you plenty!
Capko & Company is a leading healthcare consulting firm.
- Secrets: an unwritten chapter (looking toward the future …) - January 22, 2018
- The power of you front desk to influence the patient experience – and your reputation - August 28, 2017
- Improving front desk performance - August 2, 2017